Utah Recreational Vehicle Insurance
As your Independent Insurance Agency in Roy, Kaysville & Syracuse Utah, we have connections with some of the top rated insurance companies which allows us to find competitive rates and the right coverage for your toys.
It is a very wise decision to protect your new investment with a motorcycle/ATV insurance policy. After all it is required by the State and is there if your bike got damaged or stolen, or if you were to cause damage or injury to another party
Motorcycle insurance is quite similar to an auto insurance policy. It includes various coverages:
Even though the odds of being at fault in a multi-vehicle accident are very low for motorcyclists, liability often doesn’t clearly lie with the other party, either. And even though bikers are often the victims when it comes to cycle – car collisions, it doesn’t mean that you don’t need liability insurance. What if you hit a bicyclist or a pedestrian? What if you accidentally scratch a car as you back out of your parking spot?
Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist coverage is probably the single most important coverage you can have on your motorcycle policy.
As a biker, your risk of being at-fault in an accident is comparatively low. But, your risk of getting hit is relatively high. That’s where your UM/UIM coverage applies.
Your UM/UIM coverage kicks in if you are hit by a driver who doesn’t have the insurance or resources to pay for your injuries, medical payments, loss of wages, and damage to your bike. If the person who hit you doesn’t have the money to pay for the damages they caused you, your own insurance will protect you.
Keep in mind that a driver who isn’t responsible enough to look for motorcycles on the road might not be responsible enough to carry adequate insurance limits. Get motorcycle insurance. For more information, or if you have any questions, please give us a call.
- Bodily Injury / Property Damage Liability Coverage – This coverage applies if you are considered at-fault in causing damage or injury to a third party, up to the limits you select. This can be very important for you, since this coverage helps you protect your own assets.
- Comprehensive / Collision Coverage – This coverage pays for repairs to your bike if it is damaged in an accident, if it’s stolen, or, for example, if it’s damaged or destroyed by a fire.
- Uninsured / Under-insured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM) – If you are in an accident in which the other party is at fault, this coverage will protect you if they don’t have the insurance or resources to pay for your damages and/or injuries that they are legally liable for. That includes medical payments and loss of wages.
- Medical Payments – Medical payments cover the cost of any medical treatment you receive, regardless of who is at fault. This coverage is often limited to the first three years after an accident happened.
- Custom Parts and Equipment – This coverage provides protection for accessories and ‘extras’ to our bike that exceed $1,000 in value, other than those originally included by the manufacturer. It also covers sidecars, trailers that are intended to be pulled by a motorcycle, custom paint jobs, safety riding gear and helmets, and trike conversion kits. Custom parts and equipment are covered up to $1,000 under comprehensive coverage.
- Roadside Assistance – Provides immediate roadside repair services for break-down, dead battery, flat tire, or running out of fuel, and towing.